9 night escorted tour from £3,459 per person
Prices and Dates
Travel dates: Friday departures from mid May to early September 2019
Standard package from: £3,459 (based on 2 people sharing)
Day 1 (Fri) Anchorage Arrival
Arrive in Anchorage and transfer to your hotel.
Clarion Suites Hotel or similar (hotel will not be confirmed until approx. 30 days prior)
Day 2 (Sat) Anchorage – Valdez
This morning after breakfast, board a deluxe motor coach for today’s travel through the Matanuska Valley to Valdez on one of Alaska’s Scenic Byways.
Overnight Valdez. (B)
Day 3 (Sun) Valdez
Cruise today through the majestic Prince William Sound and explore the three-mile face of the mighty Columbia Glacier.
Overnight Valdez (B, L- on boat)
Day 4 (Mon) Valdez – Fairbanks
Board the motor coach for the drive north to Fairbanks on the Richardson Highway, the oldest and arguably most scenic of all Alaskan routes.
Overnight Fairbanks. (B)
Day 5 (Tue) Fairbanks
This morning includes a sightseeing tour of the gold mining town of Fairbanks with a stop at the University of Alaska Museum, and a cruise on the Chena River aboard a classic Sternwheeler.
Overnight Fairbanks. (B)
Day 6 (Wed) Fairbanks – Denali
Today travel by motor coach south along the Parks Highway to Denali. The afternoon is free for optional attractions found in the area.
Overnight Denali. (B)
Day 7 (Thu) Denali
Today travel in a simple park bus into Denali National Park looking for bears, moose, caribou, and sheep. A small snack is included during the tour.
Overnight Denali (B, S)
Day 8 (Fri) Denali – Talkeetna – Anchorage
Travel by motor coach from Denali to Talkeetna. Enjoy time on your own to explore Talkeetna.
In the afternoon the journey continues south to Anchorage by rail on a deluxe dome rail car. On arrival at the Anchorage train station a transfer is provided to your hotel.
Overnight Anchorage (B)
Day 9 (Sat) Anchorage
Today enjoy a brief sightseeing tour of Anchorage with a visit to the Alaska Native Heritage Centre. In the evening, a closing dinner and farewell.
Overnight Anchorage. (B, D) (For hotel information see Day 1)
Day 10 (Sun) Anchorage Departure
Departing guests take the hotel courtesy shuttle to the airport. (B)
Your holiday includes
- Economy class flights and airline taxes and tour with inclusions as mentioned
- 9 nights’ accommodation in tourist-moderate class hotels (2.5 star) and baggage handling
- 9 breakfasts (B), 1 snack on Denali tour (S), 1 light lunch on boat (L), 1 dinner (D)
- Transportation in full-size coach and rail journey Talkeetna to Anchorage (dome rail car)
- Knowledgeable English Speaking Guide
- Sightseeing in Fairbanks and Anchorage, including University of Alaska Museum and the Alaska Native Heritage Centre, Sternwheeler cruise in Fairbanks
- Columbia Glacier Cruise from Valdez
- Bus tour into Denali National Park including park fee (in May 4.5-5 hours; starting June 7-8 hours; in Sept could be 5-8 hours depending on road / weather conditions).
- All taxes and national park fees
Not included: Meals other than mentioned, optional excursions; guide and driver gratuity (recommended $10 per person/per day). Transfers in Anchorage on day 1 and 10 (courtesy hotel shuttle may be used)
IMPORTANT NOTE: All departures may also operate in reverse direction.
This is essential and not included. Should you need to purchase cover, we offer comprehensive cover at an additional cost. Please contact us for details.
Our holidays are completely tailored to suit you. We would be happy to help you choose from a vast array of additional experiences that will enhance your North America holiday adventure.
These might include:
- City tours
- Helicopter flights
- Sporting event tickets
- Horseback riding
- Restaurant reservations
There are many more, often quite unique to your chosen destination so please do ask.
Why Book With C.N.A?
- All holidays ATOL protected.
- Tailored itinerary to suit you.
- Choice of airlines & departure points.
- Deals on flight upgrades.
- Detailed & personalised travel pack.
- Low booking deposit.
“Whether by car or by motorhome – whether you choose to visit just the Yukon or combine it with time in neighbouring Alaska – I’m sure it will be road trip to remember”The Harwood Party (Yukon)
“This was a holiday like no other, flawlessly put together by CNA. Thank you again Alistair, Kerry and everyone involved in planning another perfect holiday for Jonathan and myself”The Read Party (Western Canada and Alaska)
“The optional tours were all excellent; the accommodation was perfectly fine; and the itinerary was exactly right to make the most of Alaska in the time we had available”The Smith Party (Alaska)