Hertz Car Rental Information
- Unlimited mileage, Loss Damage Waiver, Liability Insurance Supplement, airport fees, State and local tax, one tank of fuel & additional driver if required.
- Hotel car parking charges (where applicable) to be paid by yourselves directly to hotel.
- Make/model of vehicle cannot be guaranteed prior to time of collection.
- Car rental assumes you are aged 25 years or over and held a full valid driving licence for at least 12 months. If under 25 years of age, an ‘under 25 charge’ of a minimum of $25.00 per day, plus taxes/fees, is payable by yourselves directly to the car rental company when you are in North America.
- A full valid driver’s licence must be produced when collecting the hire vehicle for each driver wishing to be registered – both the new style photo card and old style paper licences are accepted. Failure to produce a valid driving licence will result in the car rental company denying the collection of the vehicle.
- From 8th June 2015 the paper counterpart to the photo card driving licence will no longer be valid and will not be issued any longer.
- The rental company will accept the following licences from UK clients for rentals from that date: Paper driving licences issued before the photo card was introduced in 1998 will remain valid and will be accepted for rental, a passport must be presented to match the paper licence, along with a valid credit card. For licences issued after 1998, the plastic photo card licence must be presented along with a valid credit card.
The lead driver of the vehicle must present a valid credit card in their name, as this will be authorised at the time of collecting the rental vehicle for a security deposit – debit cards are generally not accepted.
You may be offered ‘additional insurance/breakdown cover’ upon collection of your vehicle, if you decide at that time to take these optional ‘extra’s’ and sign your rental agreement you will be liable for these costs which are non-refundable.
Premium Emergency Roadside Assistance
Premium Emergency Roadside Assistance NOT INCLUDED WITHIN CAR RENTAL (optional extra) Hertz rates include Basic Emergency Roadside Assistance covering mechanical defects of the vehicle only.
This an optional service which, if accepted, reduces your financial liability for services required to remedy non-mechanical problems of the vehicle and/or problems resulting from an accident or collision.
Please see below for a brief summary of cover:
~ Lock out service maximum $250.00 per rental
~ Dead battery service maximum $250.00 per rental
~ Spare tire mounting service maximum $250.00 per rental
~ Out of Gas service maximum $250.00 per rental
~ Lost key service maximum $500.00 per rental
~ Travel Interruption Reimbursement maximum $ 1,000.00 per rental